Where i can buy peaberry v2?

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Where i can buy peaberry v2?

Postby Sightes » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:05 am

Where i can buy o.o?
Sightes

Re: Where i can buy peaberry v2?

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:18 am

AE9RB's shelved the Peaberry V2 but a group of Peaberry V2 enthusiast have released a very similar SDR called the Omnia SDR Basic (OSB). Check http://www.omnia-sdr.com and the omniasdr forum at http://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/omniasdr/info. They've been updating available kit quantities on Thursdays at 2:00pm EST. The last two weeks they've added 5 DIY kits and 10 Semi-DIY kits.

Have a look at their site for more details.
Last edited by kaos_engr on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaos_engr

Postby AE9RB » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:41 am

The Omnia is not a re-release of the Peaberry. I have nothing to do with that project. I have never granted anyone special permission or endorsed any project. Everyone is welcome to use the firmware so long as they comply with the Apache license it was released under. One of the clauses in the license is that you don't use my product names to market your project.

This is ok:
    Using my firmware in your product.
    Saying it "Uses firmware developed by AE9RB"
    Calling it whatever you want. (Except Peaberry)
This is not ok:
    Claiming you have special permission.
    Saying you are re-releasing the Peaberry.
    Using marketing materials from my website.
    Using photos or text from my manual.
Please don't take this as a call to be an ass to someone not complying with the license. Don't be a "Warren". Treat them the same way you would someone with a broken filter who you heard on the air. Ask them kindly to fix what's wrong. Offer help if they seem to need it.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby kaos_engr » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:50 pm

Thanks for the clarification of how the Peaberry and Omnia SDRs are related or better UNrelated. I was under the impression that you had granted some type of permission to the group as it is very much like the Peaberry V2. I don't think they state it as such, just that its an open source project. Sorry for my confusion about the two SDRs.

P.S. I edited my original post to remove my original statement.
kaos_engr

Return to Peaberry SDR V2