Peaberry Re-introduced

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Peaberry Re-introduced

Postby W4MMP » Sat Oct 03, 2015 12:55 am

Hello,

A team of hams has been created (Tim / KQ8M, Richard / VK6FR and Ron / W4MMP) to bring the Peaberry V2 back to life. The Peaberry V2 will be re-introduced with a new product name of Omnia SDR Basic. It will be almost identical to the current Peaberry V2 with the exception of a few minor component changes. We have always been staunch supporters of the Peaberry and believe it is the best I/Q based QRP SDR available. The performance, usability and adaptability are in our opinion, unmatched. The final price is yet to be determined but the it will not exceed the current price. We hope to have the transceiver available in the November time frame. Follow on announcements will be made here and on a new website: http://www.omnia-sdr.com. Omnia SDR will be providing more than just the Basic transceiver. Follow on products are coming that will augment and enhance the operations and usability of the Omnia SDR Basic.

(For those of you interested in pre-ordering, please let me know via private email. )
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Re: Peaberry Re-introduced

Postby BRIANV » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:32 pm

Great, you have made me a happy ham!!!!
I can not wait.

73 brian wb7qdr
BRIANV

Postby uv199 » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:14 pm

That's Great News Ron, glad to hear this project is not dead . I agree this is the best I/Q based QRP SDR I have seen and enjoyed building them and using them regularly.
Thanks to your team (Tim / KQ8M, Richard / VK6FR and yourself Ron / W4MMP and anyone else involved) for taking it to the next level.

Paul
N3FTL
uv199

Postby W4MMP » Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:18 pm

Hi,

Thanks for your note of support. Please, if you are so inclined, spread the word on message boards and such that you may be active on (if appropriate). We are still shooting for a November release.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby mrwizardly » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:38 am

Cue the hallelujah music...I'll (try to) be the first in line. :D
Mark W7EAZ
mrwizardly

Postby Jasonz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:48 pm

I too am glad to see this project still alive. I met David AE9RB at Dayton a couple years ago and he is clearly talented! I dragged my feet to order a kit and by the time I had talked a couple of friends into building a few together they were sold out.

Please keep me inform on the kit availability.

Also, to plant a seed.... Heathkit is trying to make a come back and has offered a simple AM radio as their first offering... This would be so much nicer!

Jason KA0INR
Jasonz

Postby W4MMP » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:27 pm

Hello,

I am really pleased to see the interest in the re-introduced Peaberry. As I have mentioned many times, I and the team are staunch supporters of the Peaberry design and architecture. It is a shame that David dropped it, but the upside is it gives the team a chance to pick up the mantel. I would not presume to speak for the team but the Peaberry is the horse I hitched my wagon to and I think the horse is good for a whole lot of miles.

We are still on track for a November release, but we have hit a couple of bumps on the road which may delay it just a bit. But, keep it on you Christmas wish list!

Oh, we now have a Yahoo Group: https://groups.yahoo.com/neo/groups/omniasdr/info . Please become a member there also. I will make an announcement here on this board once we have an official release date but after that all future info will be on the yahoo group. The reason we went with Yahoo groups is because topics may followed by email. That capability is not available with phpBB (at least as far as I'm aware). But I'm checking on this.

OK, some shameless self promotion. Omnia SDR does have a product available, the mWattmeter II. It is a great low power Watt/SWR meter. It has an LCD display, a power range of 1mW to 20W, and 6 modes of display operation. While not as easy as the Peaberry, it is field programmable so the user community is free to make changes and enhancements to the firmware. It is a kit with SMD parts, but if it takes you more than day to build, I'd be surprised. Check it out!
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby kk4tye » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:00 pm

Awsomeness
Mike/KK4TYE
kk4tye

Postby W4MMP » Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:50 am

Hi,

Prices have been announced for the Omnia SDR Basic. Here the text of the announcement:

Hello,
The Omnia SDR team has announced prices for the Omnia SDR Basic kits. We believe the prices are a very good value and help achieve the promise of software define radio: High performance, with low cost. There will be two versions of the kit available. A DYI kit that requires full assembly. The other version is a semi DYI kit with all the SMD components installed for you. Only one SMD component (don't worry, its a big one) and the "through hole" components need to be installed.

We are still on target for mid November availability.
Please see: www.omnia-sdr.com for price details.

Regards,
The Omnia SDR Team
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby BRIANV » Wed Nov 18, 2015 9:07 pm

Hi Ron,
Is there an update on the Omnia kits?
I would like to order one for Christmas....
Brian WB7QDR
BRIANV

Next

Return to Peaberry SDR V2