ExpertSDR

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Re: ExpertSDR

Postby florin.tanasa » Thu May 07, 2015 11:37 am

Hi Ron,
How you see my embeded platform odroid u2 what is very powerfull can use the openexpertsdr but smeter is very slow.
Openexpert is necessary to be rewritre for opengl es.
In this moment I try to add new modification added https://github.com/Tsukihime/OpenExpertSDR
Big modiffication is option to use two soud cards.
florin.tanasa

Postby florin.tanasa » Sun May 10, 2015 8:53 pm

Hi,
I start a new repo for a front panel (in general buttons) to control OpenExpertSDR
https://github.com/florintanasa/PanelG11
For this I use teensy 2.0 and for test I used a keypad 4x4, can be extended.
Next week I try to add code for encoder.

73,YO8TFF, Florin Tanasa
florin.tanasa

Postby florin.tanasa » Mon May 11, 2015 7:53 pm

Hi,
I added encoder code to move filter on panadapter (I think is enough one encoder), but is necessary to change the key used in code because key up/down,left,right and page up/down is read by slider control active (in this case volume).
First test https://youtu.be/CmZ7vJPAkxI sorry but my webcam is very old and this is first use for me.

73, YO8TFF, Florin Tanasa
florin.tanasa

Postby W4MMP » Tue May 12, 2015 2:45 am

Hi Florin,

Thanks very much for all the help you have given to me. However I still can not get the RPi 2 configured properly to build and run ExpertSDR.
My latest efforts resulted in ExpertSDR reporting on startup that the version of OpenGL is not correct: "aApp: system does not support OpenGL 1.2!".
The version on the RPi 2 is : OpenGL version string: 2.1 Mesa 10.3.2.

I removed the version check from main.cpp and now ExpertSDR crashes at startup with a segmentation fault.

So, I am moving on. I was really hoping to get this working on the RPi 2 and eventually working with the Peaberry but I will move on to other projects.

Thanks
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby W4MMP » Sun May 17, 2015 2:41 pm

kk4tye wrote:Hey Ron and Florin
if you are using libExtio_genesis on Ubuntu could you post your .genesis-sdr.ini file?
my file is blank
Thanks

Hi,
Did you ever find an answer for this?
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby kk4tye » Sun May 17, 2015 10:09 pm

Hi Ron,
No I have not gotten an answer about the .genesis-sdr.ini file, I kept getting init hardware errors every time I selected libExtio_genesis from the Options menu and portaudio can't open stream errors. I switched my attention to Quisk, which I ended up reinstalling my system to get it to work. I will reinstall OpenExpertSQR and continue later on.
Thanks
Mike/KK4TYE
kk4tye

Postby kk4tye » Tue May 19, 2015 9:55 pm

Hi Florin,
I saw your Youtube video of OpenExpertSDR and KXstudio, could you give a little details of your mappings? Also do you get any memory dumps while using OpenExpertSDR with Ubuntu?
Mike/KK4TYE
kk4tye

Postby florin.tanasa » Wed May 20, 2015 6:26 am

Hi Mike,
Look at this video what is necessary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGUyLFF0nIs
in special from time 2:33
The file .genesis-sdr.ini I not have it.
You can't use libExtio_genesis if you not have G11 or G59 SDR but you can use source code for your needs.
If you have ubuntu first install repositories from this link
http://kxstudio.sourceforge.net/Repositories

73, YO8TFF, Florin Tanasa
florin.tanasa

Postby kk4tye » Thu Jun 04, 2015 12:09 am

Florin Tanasa,
where is the source for Raspberry Pi ?

I want to try OpenExpertSDR on Raspberry Pi 2 with the RaspEX OS http://raspex.exton.se/?p=79
Mike/KK4TYE
kk4tye

Postby n9seo » Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:16 pm

kk4tye wrote:Florin Tanasa,
where is the source for Raspberry Pi ?

I want to try OpenExpertSDR on Raspberry Pi 2 with the RaspEX OS http://raspex.exton.se/?p=79

I did try to build this on my rasp pi 2 and all works well until it tries to link ExpertSDR and fails. Im guessing missing some dependancy on raspbian. So close I can taste this running on the PI but have to find out why this will not link. So like Mike/kk4tye, am trying to get this up and going but wonder what this is complaining about being missing from the system.

Code: Select all
pi@n9seo-pi ~/git/OpenExpertSDR $ make
g++ -Wl,-O1 -o ExpertSDR qextserialport.o qextserialenumerator.o qextserialport_unix.o qextserialenumerator_linux.o main.o expertsdr_va2_1.o Didgit.o Timer.o Panarama.o PanoramOpt.o ColorWgt.o SMeterOptions.o SMeterSDR.o glfont.o DttSP.o ThreadFunc.o dttsplibrary.o pa19.o SdrPlugin.o PluginCtrl.o extioplugin.o Scale.o ScaleNum.o Number2.o Number.o Draw.o S_Meter.o fileList.o wavSample.o WavReader.o VoiceRecorderWave.o CalibrProc.o Calibrator.o progresscalibrate.o VLogger.o CwCore.o CwMacro.o CwTimer.o correctIQ.o ringBuf.o About.o AudioThread.o WdgGraph.o WdgAddStation.o WdgMem.o Vac.o Resampler.o RingResampler.o RingBuffer.o CatManager.o Options.o moc_expertsdr_va2_1.o moc_Didgit.o moc_Panarama.o moc_PanoramOpt.o moc_ColorWgt.o moc_SMeterOptions.o moc_SMeterSDR.o moc_DttSP.o moc_SdrPlugin.o moc_PluginCtrl.o moc_extioplugin.o moc_Scale.o moc_ScaleNum.o moc_Number2.o moc_Number.o moc_Draw.o moc_S_Meter.o moc_fileList.o moc_wavSample.o moc_WavReader.o moc_VoiceRecorderWave.o moc_CalibrProc.o moc_Calibrator.o moc_progresscalibrate.o moc_CwCore.o moc_CwMacro.o moc_CwTimer.o moc_About.o moc_WdgGraph.o moc_WdgAddStation.o moc_WdgMem.o moc_CatManager.o moc_Options.o qrc_images.o qrc_bg.o qrc_font.o qrc_icon_app.o    -L/usr/lib/arm-linux-gnueabihf -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lGLU -lportaudio -lQtOpenGL -lQtGui -lQtCore -lGL -lpthread
pa19.o: In function `pa19::setParam(PLUG_OPT*)':
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xde4): undefined reference to `Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToDeviceIndex'
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xe30): undefined reference to `Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToDeviceIndex'
pa19.o: In function `pa19::getVersion()':
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xe98): undefined reference to `Pa_GetVersionText'
pa19.o: In function `pa19::inDevName(int)':
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xee4): undefined reference to `Pa_GetHostApiInfo'
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xf1c): undefined reference to `Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToDeviceIndex'
pa19.o: In function `pa19::outDevName(int)':
pa19.cpp:(.text+0xff0): undefined reference to `Pa_GetHostApiInfo'
pa19.cpp:(.text+0x1034): undefined reference to `Pa_HostApiDeviceIndexToDeviceIndex'
pa19.o: In function `pa19::driverName()':
pa19.cpp:(.text+0x10e8): undefined reference to `Pa_GetHostApiCount'
pa19.cpp:(.text+0x10f8): undefined reference to `Pa_GetHostApiInfo'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile:277: recipe for target 'ExpertSDR' failed
make: *** [ExpertSDR] Error 1
Peaberry SDR v2 30/20/17/15m
n9seo

PreviousNext

Return to Peaberry SDR V2