All band Filter board

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Re: All band Filter board

Postby n9seo » Sat Apr 11, 2015 3:00 pm

TerryFrench wrote:relays... are fine.

That makes me think slightly differently about my situation. I hope you guys will not mind the naive questions.
- For transmit: would it be ok to not filter the Peaberry's output besides having just one low-pass filter (say for everything below 30MHz), and pipe that directly to the Amp to let it handle the filtering? Besides likely wasting some power amplifying the harmonics of the signal. But should it be expected that the amp filter would suppress enough of the harmonics?
- For receive: would the same low-pass filter (< 30MHz) be enough?

Thx
Thierry KF7MXQ

I too wonder if the band specific stuff can be removed if your driving an external PA with a LPF upstream. Forgive my ignorance but I'd really like to know. The hardrock 5w PA can be built with a 160-6m LPF but I just do not know if this is good enough to meet the requirements. Im not an EE nor do I yet know that much to to determine or measure that.

73 Kayne.
Peaberry SDR v2 30/20/17/15m
n9seo

Postby nniros » Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:27 pm

my idea to transform it into all band transceiver...
Attachments
ABPB.jpg
ABPB.jpg (73.54 KiB) Viewed 5202 times
nniros

Postby Peter » Mon May 25, 2015 4:53 pm

Greetings all,

I would be interested in this kind of mod. also. I haven't purchased the PB yet (just passed tests for USA TGE 10 days ago or so). The 3 L's are driving this project for us: Low power consumption, Low emitted power and Low cost. I would love to have this as my SDR transciever that can cover all bands. BUT, whatever the config. It needs to be software controlled except (possibly) the power switch!

I am planning to buy 1 to test and prove concept then if all goes well 3 more for family. Our interest is digital modes primarily. We really want 'reliable' comms an at this point I cant tell how 'reliable' I can get at this power level. I know - power isn't everything! I see V2 is sold out. May we expect another batch? How Soon?

It would be great if the next batch could accommodate a mod such as proposed with little to no modification. I know the board is packed but adding a spot for I2C header would be fantastic help!
Peter

Postby N2TOH » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:26 pm

Have a look at this filter board kit, https://shop.qrp-labs.com/index.php?_route_=ULPF
the filters are $5 or less per band.
N2TOH

Previous

Return to Peaberry SDR V2