Problems running Peaberry CW

Re: Problems running Peaberry CW

Postby kz1x » Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:56 am

I downloaded the 0.6 version and it sounded yet again better than before, et cetera.

But it was still wonky, so, I decided to change out the radio.

As it so happens I have two identical PB v2 rigs, set up for 60-40-30-20. I built both of them myself, using pre-wound toroids.

The other PB seems to work much better!

I have no idea what's going on here, so, I will have to play with it more to see.

These two radios operated identically with HDSDR.

May be a while before I have a chance to get to this experiment however. My day job pays the bills and it also takes up my ham play time.
kz1x

Postby k1qn » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:21 pm

Strange sound situation: When I start the app, I get sound from the speakers, as desired, but it rapidly fades, and that's the last I hear from the app.

Also, the transmitter keys great, but I have to use another radio as the sidetone, and there's a brutal chirp. I found the .ini file and made the suggested changes, but the results are the same.

-Al Gerheim, K1QN
Al Gerheim, K1QN
Celebrating 50 years in ham radio!
k1qn

Postby ks1h » Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:59 pm

Do you have the latest version? One of the earlier versions had a similar startup problem. Also, try another computer. My Lenovo laptop with supposedly USB2.0 ports did not have the USB horsepower and would "stutter" on transmit.

73, Ken KS1H
ks1h

Postby k1qn » Sat Apr 11, 2015 4:50 pm

The 0.6 version is perfect! I finally get to run CW with my Peaberry! I've been thinking of getting another for 60, 40, 30, 20, and this seals it. Also, I'm going to set it up for my laptop, now that I only have minimal s/w installation.

Great work!

-Al, K1QN
Al Gerheim, K1QN
Celebrating 50 years in ham radio!
k1qn

Previous

Return to Peaberry CW