Use with Vitual Audio Cable

Use with Vitual Audio Cable

Postby tannebri » Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:44 am

First of all I really like the program.

But I cannot get the program to run with a VAC. The VAC prgram runs with other program like HDSDR and GSDR but not with this program.The audio output via VAC is very raspy and unintelligible. Can anyone help.

Brian
tannebri

Re: Use with Vitual Audio Cable

Postby AE9RB » Thu Mar 19, 2015 9:12 am

The author of VAC didn't release any source code. Peaberry CW is open source. Perhaps the VAC author can help since he's not solving a black-box problem.

Or you can try a different approach. Describe what it is you're trying to do and maybe someone can help you find a solution that doesn't need VAC.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby tannebri » Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:54 am

Okay

I'm trying to connect the o/p of the peaberry via a VAC to a morse decoder program in this case the MRP40. It is so I can leave it running in the house without the Audio annoying the XYL I can come back a glance at it to see who is/was on the QRP frequency.

What I do is set the bandwidth to 1Khz then let the AFC in MRP40 do the rest.

Brian
tannebri

Postby kz1x » Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:08 pm

Since you aren't transmitting, why don't you just use HDSDR (in CW mode) and the VAC to feed the decoder?
kz1x

Postby tannebri » Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:30 pm

Hi

I have never managed to get CW to work using HDSDR its fine with SSB etc. I will go back and have another look at HDSDR. But I just rally like the neat simple layout of this software and it works on CW.

Brian
tannebri

Return to Peaberry CW