ExpertSDR

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Re: ExpertSDR

Postby W4MMP » Sun Feb 01, 2015 7:18 pm

LY3G wrote:That'S Perfect. Also SPLIT function work.
Expert electronics forum this week does not work. There is an English forum. Maybe there is a English user manual ExpertSDR. We must look later.

Hi,
What is the URL of the English forum?
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby uv199 » Tue Feb 03, 2015 2:37 am

Hi, I seem to be having some difficulty with ExpertSDR seeing the Peaberry. I run it fine with HDSDR and PowerSDR but I am interested in ExpertSDR and would like to try it. Like Ron I downloaded ExpertSDR vA2.1.4.21. Ly3G Gintas appears to be running ExpertSDR vA2.4.1.21 . I'm not sure if that matters.

Following Gintas instructions I cannot get the options to see the ExtIO_Si570.dll . Opening the Options tab shows SDR Type: Softrock and SunSDR in the drop down ( no option for ExtIO_Si570.dll ). I have the ExtIO_Si570.dll in the Program Files (x86)/Expert Electronics/ExpertSDR/Device folder as Gintas points out.

If I go to the Github website Gintas provided I don't see what to use there and the dropboxusercontent website contains a bugfix.rar file.
Am I downloading the wrong version or perhaps missing it. I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit .

Thanks for any info you can provide.

Paul
N3FTL
uv199

Postby W4MMP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:29 am

Hi Paul.

Download the file from here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/147 ... ug_fix.rar . I don't know why the file is a rar file and not a zip file particularly since this particular version of the application only runs on Windows. But it is what it is.

You will need Pea Zip (google it) to decompress the rar file. After that is accomplished, copy the ExtIO_Si570.dll that is found in the HDSDR program folder to the decompressed ExpertSDR\device folder. Click (or double click) on ExperSDR.exe. This should do the trick. At any rate, that is what I did to get it working. If you still can't get it running, I will provide more info and a screen shot or two.

The underlying issue is the release that supports the Si570 rigs is not part of the "official" source (as far as I can tell).
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby W4MMP » Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:50 am

Hi,
OK, I have zipped up my working copy of ExpertSDR and uploaded it to dropbox. https://www.dropbox.com/s/8otwjtp0bhwto ... 1.zip?dl=0

This copy includes the ExtIO_Si570.dll installed in the proper directory. Simply unzip the file using the standard zip utility that comes with Windows. The zip file has been scanned with Microsoft Security Essentials. Also there is no installer. Simply run the application from the directory where it was unzipped to.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby AE9RB » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:14 am

W4MMP wrote:You will need Pea Zip (google it) to decompress the rar file.

There's lots of programs that unpack RAR files... but bonus points for Pea Zip just because of the name.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby uv199 » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:36 am

Thanks Ron, great explanation. I was able to open ExpertSDR and operate the Peaberry. It receives very well however I do not have the options to transmit.
Unable to transmit. MOX and Tone buttons are greyed out. Looking at the screenshots in this thread these buttons are available to use. I went through the options and I have not been able to figure this out. Is there anything I should be looking for. Thanks again for your help with this app.
Paul
N3FTL
uv199

Postby W4MMP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:45 am

You are welcome :)

Yea, I'm still trying to have transmit work also. The Peaberry is being keyed properly but no carrier is being generated which means there is no audio being sent to the Peaberry. I am also experiencing "port audio" errors whenever I attempt to set the VAC to anything other than "Microsoft Sound Mapper". This version is obviously not quite ready for prime time. However, overall I like the applications. It has an OK user interface. I only wish developers would use "fly outs" for setting controls and options verses attempting to stuff everything on one screen. The output audio is good and the noise filters work well. Once I find the English version of the forum (if there is one) I will post the location here.

The number one really great thing about this application is that it is open source. I have already down loaded the source files and started taking a look.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby edmurphy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:43 pm

Hello Ron,

You said " The output audio is good and the noise filters work well." It could be that you are listening to HDSDR ?

BTW I do not get Port Audio issues. I used your download.

Cheers Ed
edmurphy

Postby W4MMP » Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:52 pm

edmurphy wrote:Hello Ron,

You said " The output audio is good and the noise filters work well." It could be that you are listening to HDSDR ?

BTW I do not get Port Audio issues. I used your download.

Cheers Ed

Hi Ed,
Hum, no I was running ExpertSDR when I posted that comment. I'm confused. Why would you think I was listening to HDSDR?

Yes, I need to investigate the Port Audio issue. It must be something particular to my PC configuration.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby edmurphy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 4:43 pm

Hi Ron,

Just that the characters' HDSDR ' popped out in some traffic being monitored going to the PC ! The application seems to take on some resemblance to the Flex application in places as well.

However I may be wrong.

Cheers Ed
edmurphy

PreviousNext

Return to Peaberry SDR V2