Quick spin

Quick spin

Postby W4MMP » Fri Jan 23, 2015 4:29 am

David,

I tuned in the ARRL code practice and bulletin and CW tone is very good. No pops or things along that line. However the AGC needs a bit of work. I did a comparison of Peaberry CW to HDSDR. Using the slow setting on both HDSDR and Peaberry CW, I found HDSDR keeps the audio at a more consistent level. The CW Peaberry wavers quite a bit at any level.

OK, I have to ask. Do your efforts with this new program pretty much kill the need for the firmware I have been working on?
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Re: Quick spin

Postby AE9RB » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:12 pm

W4MMP wrote:OK, I have to ask. Do your efforts with this new program pretty much kill the need for the firmware I have been working on?

Maybe. It depends on how compatible it is with various hardware. And how attached you are to HDSDR. I expect some folks won't like Peaberry CW because I'm designing it to "operate the mode" not to "micromanage the hardware". So who knows.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Re: Quick spin

Postby W4MMP » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:31 am

I'm not sure what "micro manage the hardware" means but at any rate, it has been an enjoyable learning experience with the PSoC and the firmware. I see why you picked the Cypress PSoC as the micro controller for the Peaberry. I think I will call it quits for a while on the firmware after the next release. I believe I have tweaked the firmware as much as I can. It will be interesting to see what develops with Peaberry CW.

BTW: Will the source for Peaberry CW be made available?
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Return to Peaberry CW