V0.6 use

V0.6 use

Postby kb3cuf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 3:50 pm

I've made a handful of contacts, getting 5/9/9 in almost all cases with 5W, and I think the functions so far are a winner. I worked a guy last night on a K3 who when I reported rig is an SDR said it sounded as good as any sig he hears. Receive sometimes has a modulation at the BEGINNING of the element, but I also hear pure tone, so I think some of the under water that others have reported is actually the sending end. We all have heard the chirpy and hard keying of marginal setups.

I am unsure what to do in the calibration area, (TX balance I understand and can do with reputability) and my PB is 750 Hz off, so when that is enabled- a help note or doc will be appreciated.

On a 2007 MacBook V10.7.5 and with the HardRock driver as a final amp, this combo is a winner. I have full QSK (+/- the relay in the amp) and AGC fast is plenty. I am astounded at the difference between this and the buggy CW stuff to date. Heck, even Rocky was a PITA- when it was not locked up or clicky on audio- key port was slow- etc. and this is not any of those things.

KUDOS to Dave. I do IT support for a living and this is high on my list of successful programming projects- you are to be commended for taking this on.

Larry
Kb3CUF
kb3cuf

Re: V0.6 use

Postby AE9RB » Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:22 pm

You can use HDSDR to calibrate the Si570. It's in the ExtIO panels. The unfinished feature in Peaberry CW will have the same net effect.

In all fairness to Alex, at the time it came out Rocky had to support Windows 2000/XP.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Re: V0.6 use

Postby kb3cuf » Fri Mar 06, 2015 6:43 pm

Yes, I was too harsh about Rocky. But IO latency combined with the XP habit of too many processes, and a first generation netbook made things really difficult to withstand much less enjoy ops. I never did get Rocky stable enough to enjoy CW, and PowerSDR was way too tweeky- still needed hardware key via Com1, combined with Ianduino keyer and the PC sidetone off. All compromises- your software needs none.

Larry
kb3cuf

Return to Peaberry CW