Iambino Schematic

General discussion and support for Iambino and the Iambic Keyer Shield.

Iambino Schematic

Postby jrybak » Thu Feb 11, 2016 9:56 pm

I have built my Iambino keyer and everything seems to work fine. The kit uses high quality components and went together very easily. I haven’t connected the keyer to a transmitter yet. I’ve only used it as a CPO. It's a great kit.

My question concerns the schematic. Is the connection shown to the “Radio” jack for Q2 correct? Q1 and Q2 appear to be in parallel except for their outputs. The output of Q2 goes to the barrel of the plug that goes into “Radio” jack while the out put of Q1 goes to the tip of that plug. There is no ground connection going from the "Radio" jack to the transmitter. Is this correct or should the schematic show the output of Q2 going to the plug tip connection like the output of Q1 does and should the? Under key down conditions, should the resistance between the tip of a plug inserted into the “Radio” jack and the barrel of that plug be nearly zero or does there have to be a load connected to the "Radio" jack? I'm somewhat confused because all my other keyers use mono plugs for the output rather than stereo plugs.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Jim Rybak W0KSD
jrybak

Re: Iambino Schematic

Postby AE9RB » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:47 am

The schematic is correct. The "ring" isn't connected but you can jumper (MCW) the audio there for custom experiments.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Return to Iambino