Peaberry TX/RX gets out of sync with HDSDR

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Peaberry TX/RX gets out of sync with HDSDR

Postby ND6P » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:11 am

I've had problems today with the Peaberry being stuck in transmit even though HDSDR is in RX. And I've seen HDSDR showing a good TX in progress but the Peaberry seems to be stuck in RX. Does anyone have info on why this happens?

The solution to get things running again is to exit HDSDR and WSPR, power cycle the Peaberry, start up HDSDR, then start up WSPR.

If I leave the computer alone, it will run fine. Plugging in a USB device seems like it may have something to do with this.

I have the ExtIO_Si570 Init radio type set to 'Other'.

Thanks,

Jim/ND6P
ND6P

Re: Peaberry TX/RX gets out of sync with HDSDR

Postby kd5kll » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:24 am

Yes, I have seen this as well. WSJT-X and HDSDR think that they are transmitting, but the Peaberry is not flashing. A quick power cycle of the Peaberry fixes it.
kd5kll

Postby W4MMP » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:25 pm

ND6P wrote:If I leave the computer alone, it will run fine. Plugging in a USB device seems like it may have something to do with this.

I have the ExtIO_Si570 Init radio type set to 'Other'.

Jim/ND6P

Hi Jim
I have found that Windows is notorious for not maintaining USB device indexes. When a USB device is plugged or unplugged Windows will mess with the index pointers to devices that are still plugged in. The effect of this is that the USB driver for the Peaberry sort of looses its mind. This can be checked by clicking on the ExtIO button of HDSDR. Click on the USB tab and chances are the Peaberry device will be missing. This state is not communicated to HDSDR. (Either the state is not reported by ExtIO_Si570.dll or HDSDR ignores it, I don't know which it is). Normally this condition is corrected by stop/starting HDSDR. But if that does not fix it, then the USB driver for the Peaberry is out to lunch and a unplug/plug is needed. So bottom line is , don't mess with USB devices while using the Peaberry. Of if there is a flaky USB device that is wigging out on the USB hub, this will cause the same problem. This is usually related to a power problem on the USB hub (internal or external) and the USB device thinks it is not getting enough power and resetting itself. Usually in this case, you should hear the characteristic Windows "ding" sound when it happens, but not always.

BTW: In the INIT tab, I have it set to Ensemble RXTX.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby ND6P » Tue Apr 21, 2015 12:16 am

Thanks for the replies.

I've set HDSDR for Ensemble RXTX and will see if that helps.

Jim/ND6P
ND6P

Return to Peaberry SDR V2