BETA firmware PLL fix

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Re: BETA firmware PLL fix

Postby W4MMP » Wed Mar 11, 2015 12:55 pm

Hi Art,
Yes, there will be the option to select which port is used for keying HDSDR.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby camqrp » Sat Mar 14, 2015 4:13 am

David -

Downloaded the Beta firmware and I get lockup every time now. That must have been the problem I was having with one of my units. I'd sometimes have to restart it several times before I got good stable audio. Now,even with the LO and Tune frequencies 30 KHz apart, it sounds good. Sometimes the LED flashes once, sometimes it flashes 3 or 4 times, but it ends up locking and sounding great.

Thanks!
Cam N6GA
camqrp

Postby AE9RB » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:26 am

Awesome, Cam. For the record, the only report of this problem was from you. It was a helluva problem to fix since it seems to be related to something physical with the production of the PSoC. It was extremely hard to reproduce since all but one of my radios that never show this condition. And that one only does it rarely. But I'm confident the fix is good for anything Cypress pushes out in the future.

Don't take this the wrong way. I really like the PSoC chips. Without it the Peaberry probably wouldn't have happened. I'd gladly trade one annoying problem, which I can fix in firmware, for the support problems of several chips needed to bootstrap a radio into basic functionality. This isn't a significant problem for machine-assembled devices but I really wanted to make a *complete* SDR that anyone can build with basic hand tools.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby camqrp » Mon Mar 16, 2015 1:16 am

David -

Interesting that only 2 units exhibited the problem. I thought it was the Si570 and was planning to get one next time I sent in a DigiKey order. Thanks, I don't need to do that, and it wouldn't have worked anyway! Nice sleuthing job.

Cam N6GA
camqrp

Previous

Return to Peaberry SDR V2