What if the LED does not blink rapidly in HDSDR TX mode?

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

What if the LED does not blink rapidly in HDSDR TX mode?

Postby ka8kpn » Sat Feb 28, 2015 4:24 pm

I installed the Windows device drivers and went through all of the steps setting up HDSDR. I've got the two devices and white noise coming out of the speakers in RX mode, but the LED remains steady on when I put HDSDR in TX mode. Any clues?
ka8kpn

Re: What if the LED does not blink rapidly in HDSDR TX mode?

Postby W4MMP » Sat Feb 28, 2015 5:51 pm

ka8kpn wrote:I installed the Windows device drivers and went through all of the steps setting up HDSDR. I've got the two devices and white noise coming out of the speakers in RX mode, but the LED remains steady on when I put HDSDR in TX mode. Any clues?

Quick question, does the band relay make a "click" sound when you move between bands? Just attempting to determine if the Peaberry is receiving any commands.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Postby ka8kpn » Mon Mar 02, 2015 1:34 am

I shouldn't post when I'm down the flu because I tend to leave out essential details. I'm assembling the kit, and I got to the step titled "HDSDR Application" and on page 17 it says that the "LED on the radio will blink rapidly while HDSDR is transmitting"

The relay is installed on page 21 of the instructions that I have, so it's not in yet.

HDSDR seems to be talking to the cypress CPU and the LED is driven directly by the Cypress CPU so I'd think it was some kind of software thing unless I'm misunderstanding something.
ka8kpn

Postby AE9RB » Mon Mar 02, 2015 3:05 am

Sounds like a software setup or driver issue. Go back and make sure you did every step in the guide. Nothing is optional.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby ka8kpn » Tue Mar 03, 2015 1:44 am

That's what I was thinking when I went back through that this morning. It turns out that after you click on the "ExtIO" button, then you have to click on the "Open" button or it isn't really connected. If you don't have an "Open" button, but do have a "Close" button, then you're really connected.

I didn't get the difference the first time, but now I have a blinking light.
ka8kpn

Postby W4MMP » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:13 am

Hi,
On the USB tab of the ExtIO, click "auto connect". That should cause the ExtIO to automatically connect to the Peaberry SDR device when it starts.
Ron / W4MMP
W4MMP

Return to Peaberry SDR V2