It's working again

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V2.

Re: It's working again

Postby pilotcfii » Thu Feb 26, 2015 8:55 pm

Wow very different. A series of dits peaks around .5w but the dahs seem to average around one watt and if I change the key type (mode) to bug I get 2W. The 'bug' setting lets me hold key down so I can get a good power reading on my cheap MFJ QRP meter. I won't leave it bug setting and long keydown was only for testing for a short time. If the 2W is accurate, I don't know if the heat sink is hefty enough to cool the PA. This test was on 20m. On 40m I got 3W, same on 60m and just over 2W on 30m. With these readings so high above spec, I really wonder if the meter is all that accurate.

I should add here that I am not a CW guy (perhaps my brain is just too slow) but the app seems to work like a champ. Good job David.
Dan Malcolm
Posts: 130
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 6:52 pm
Location: Alabama

Re: It's working again

Postby AE9RB » Fri Feb 27, 2015 7:19 am

Your meter seems to be doing some kind of averaging but is probably correct. Not sure why you were having problems with other software. I imagine you'll be able to figure it out now that you're not barking up the wrong tree.
73 David AE9RB
Site Admin
Posts: 511
Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:27 am
Location: Portland, Oregon, USA (CN85ql)


Return to Peaberry SDR V2

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests