Doesn't work

General discussion and support for the 2D6 SMT Dice.

Doesn't work

Postby pilotcfii » Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:28 pm

I seem to have a problem. It's assembled and does not work. Both C1 & C2 show battery voltage across them and IC1 pin 8 shows 2.5 VDC. The LED's all light when I put my meter across them in diode checking mode, and I was careful to orient them correctly on the board. Quite a chore for old eyes even with magnification. Double checking the picture you included in the directions helps a lot, thanks. I have gone over the soldering points about 3 times with a strong magnifier and good light. Nothing stood out as bad, but I did touch up a couple of solder points that I thought could be better.

Can anyone help?
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ CFI/II
pilotcfii

Re: Doesn't work

Postby AE9RB » Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:27 pm

It often helps to get another set of eyes on the problem. Show it to a friend or post a picture here.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Re: Doesn't work

Postby pilotcfii » Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:42 am

Thanks David. I took one more look, and started tracing VCC. I had measure it on IC1 pin 8 before.....I thought. This time pressing on pin 8 with the probe I got lights. So OK it fooled me before but it runs now.

So now I'm interested in the V2 Peaberry. My instruments are scanty in that I have a digital multimeter. If I need something else, I'll need to go shopping.
Dan Malcolm
K4SHQ CFI/II
pilotcfii

Return to 2D6 SMT Dice