[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
AE9RB • View topic - Peaberry TX not working as should

Peaberry TX not working as should

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V1.

Peaberry TX not working as should

Postby CT1IQI » Sun Apr 21, 2013 12:34 pm

Situation:
Peaberry, end Jan. 2013 version.
PC with Linux and Virtual Machine with W-XP
RX works, both with quisk/usbsoftrock with vk6jbl harware configuration under Linux direct, and under XP with HDSDR/CfgSR and usb driver as provided by AE9RB.
In both cases I need to reverse I and Q to get proper frequency and sideband.

Under Quisk managed to get PTT switched on/off but nothing further.
Under HDSDR the Peaberry starts to transmit (I/O set to Softrock TX/RX Ensemble) but e.g. in AM with mic. gain at zero, there is a wide spectum of noisy carriers roughly around the spot where I was receiving.
With the scope on the 4 electrolytic caps. C29-C32 I see a sinewave, fairly clean plus another sinewave, same frequency but out of phase with noisy spikes on it.
Any idea what problem this is pointing at ?

tnx
martin
CT1IQI
CT1IQI

Re: Peaberry TX not working as should

Postby AE9RB » Sun Apr 21, 2013 3:37 pm

Please post photos of your scope and SA traces.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby hansvi » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:03 pm

Use plughw:1,1 as your output device. I have more info .
Hans - ON8VQ
hansvi

Postby CT1IQI » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Tnx! Tried plughw: but no difference. RX works, TX not. Am now concentrating on Quisk as that is open source.
I suspect the audio just is not getting to the proper interface.
Peaberry presents via USB:
bInterfaceNumber iInterface bInterfaceClass / SubClass / ch#-framesze-resol-SamFreq
0 Peaberry SDR Vendor Specific Class / -
1 Peaberry Radio Audio / Control Device
2 Peaberry Receive Audio / Streaming / 2 - 3 - 24 - 48000
3 Peaberry Transmit Audio / Streaming / 2 - 3 - 24 - 48000
4 Peaberry Audio Audio / Control Device
5 Peaberry Microphone Audio / Streaming / 1 - 2 - 16 - 48000
6 Peaberry Speaker Audio / Streaming / 2 - 3 - 24 - 48000

Got the RX/TX switching working by specifically selecting interface 0 via pyusb routines and asking info there while sending a data byte.
The audio gets done in C code using libusb and will see to bypass hw: settings and address the interfaces directly.
CT1IQI

Postby hansvi » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 pm

Hans - ON8VQ
hansvi

Postby CT1IQI » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:44 pm

CT1IQI

Postby CT1IQI » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:58 pm

I am investigating whether this vendor specific interface as first one is causing this problem as Alsa' s naming convention hw:x,y seems to be inadequate to select the proper interfaces that follow; the order in which Peaberry presents the audio interfaces is not in the way as e.g. my USB headset does, which interfaces without any difficulty, as it happens using exactly the same 48ksps rate and coding format for headphnes and single channel for microphone.
Will try to bypass alsa altogether by changing the C code of quisk to directly select the usb interface, as I have already done for the sis570 control interface which works from the python code using pyusb's libusb wrapper library.
CT1IQI

Postby hansvi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:17 am

Hans - ON8VQ
hansvi

Postby CT1IQI » Mon Apr 29, 2013 1:39 pm

good points. As ALSA and Ubuntu & Debian find wide use it is probably better to tweak the Peaberry firmware to interface without the problems we are encountering.
What the speaker is concerned, it should get disconnected during TX. SPKR_L&R stem from the PSOC which sets them through from the AUDIO_L&R outputs of U7 during TX and isolates them during TX.
At least that is what the firmware suggests should happen. USB presents them as if they were both concurrently available but that is not the case. Peaberry in TX mode offers IQ playback (radio transmit) and mono microphone capture, and in RX offers IQ capture (radio receive), audio stereo playback (line out), and mono microphone capture. In TX mode IQ capture strictly speaking is still active but not connected to anything it seems (the input of mixer U6 gets grounded by Q2). That probably explains the noise floor I see in Quiks during transmit. The radio receive stream is still active but not getting anything.
A strange thing I also noted is that in 96 ksps mode the usb streaming format gets set to 16 bit; have not found (yet) that the D/A A/D sampling width or ADC DAC format gets reduced from 24 to 16 bit. So that may explain the jittery audio @ 96 ksps. This format is controlled in the pcm3060 in registers 43h and 48h through the FMT2 and FMT1 bit pairs. Have not found in the firmware that these registers get set to anything other than their default at IC initialisation which is 24-bit I2S format, regardless of sampling frequency. But I may have overlooked something in the code.
Will now try to get a programmer operational that can flash this Cypress PSOC. First challenge is a mating connector to this miniature debug port ....
I have a Cypress Semiconductor Corp. CY7C68013 EZ-USB FX2 USB 2.0 Development Kit (ridiculously low cost of 13 USD at ebay) and have read that it should be able to act as a programmer to the CY8C3XXX.
CT1IQI

Postby hansvi » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:23 pm

Hans - ON8VQ
hansvi

Next

Return to Peaberry SDR V1