Use of HDSDR

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V1.

Use of HDSDR

Postby mkatz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:44 pm

Hey guys

I am at the point where I can test the peaberry receiver using HDSDR.

I already had this on my laptop since I have built some of the SoftRocks.

When I use extIO (CONFIG) it doesn't recognize the Si570. I always had loads of fun with pins 7 and 8. With Peaberry, should ExtIO (config) see the 570 and turn the little light from red to green? Are there any other differences between Softrock and Peaberry setups?

The HDSDR program does give the center tone but doesn't appear to be receiving.

73, Marc WB2MSC
mkatz

Re: Use of HDSDR

Postby AE9RB » Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:22 pm

A couple people reported that they had to uninstall and remove existing drivers then install the driver I provide. The removal step seemed to be key. When you uninstall the driver from device manager, there will be an option to remove the files as well. It might also be that you need to select the Peaberry from the CFGSR USB tab.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby mkatz » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:20 pm

Dave

Funny thing happened to me on the way to CFG. On the USB screen it already had your driver (since I loaded them yesterday into their own directory). All I did was click on that entry and the red light turned green and the Si chip was now recognized.

The radio does receive somewhat. I built the 17/20/30 version and I don't have much of an antenna (a 10 Meter dipole) in the garage. I will have to play around when the band is active and there are stronger signals.

I do have another problem, though. When I tune in HDSDR the waterfall turns colors, there is a great deal of distortion in the audio and the volume slider goes to zero or close to it. When I stop tuning it goes away.

I guess it is now time to begin the transmitter.

Thanks much for your help.

Marc, WB2MSC
mkatz

Postby mkatz » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:50 pm

Hey guys,

Peaberry now working OK on receive. However, I can't seem to transmit a signal. I wonder if it is HDSDR and the driver.
This is what I observed:

1. On CFSDR I see the a PTT turn green. I guess that's good. When I transmit I see all three lights turn green (TEST tab)
2. Nothing registers on freq ctr or Yaesu xcvr
3. I did turn on TX support. No error messages
4. Current on receive is 180ma / transmit 290ma
5. I plugged in a key but no microphone. Key has no effect
6. Nothing getting hot

Has anyone got PB to work with HDSDR on TX?

Thanks, Marc WB2MSC
mkatz

Postby AE9RB » Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:12 am

HDSDR will transmit just fine. A few people have had similar problems but not returned to post their findings. Without this information, the only advice I can offer is to use the block diagram to find where the signal stops.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Return to Peaberry SDR V1