HDSDR and Peaberry

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V1.

HDSDR and Peaberry

Postby G0XAR » Sun Jan 20, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi Guys,

I am having problems installing HDSDR to test the Peaberry RX with.

I have installed the Peaberry Drivers and can run CFSDR which talks to the Si570 without a problem.

Then I copied ExtIO_Si570.dll to the HDSDR directory and ran HDSDR. When I try to configure ExtIO HDSDR complains that it cannot find the dll file. As far as I can tell everything is in the correct place and all drivers are installed. I also tried copying CFSDR into the HDSDR directory but got the same error.

I was wondering if someone who is successfully using the Peaberry could give me a clue how to fix this. I am trying to run the SDR software on a Lenovo Netbook with Windows 7. It's almost new and there is very little other software installed.

73s Steve G0XAR
G0XAR

Re: HDSDR and Peaberry

Postby rw6hch » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:56 am

I HDSDR v5.1 works with the program CFGSR v2.3
operating system W-XP
rw6hch

Postby G0XAR » Mon Jan 21, 2013 6:24 pm

Hi Guys,

I have solved the problem. To be fair to me I was mislead by yet another of the many quirks of the Windows 7 system which is why I gave up using Windows and migrated everything I could to Apple Macs last year.

On a standard Windows 7 system you need to copy the DLL files into C:\Program Files(x86)\HDSDR

If you use the Start Menu then list All Programs then right click on HDSDR and choose OPEN from the menu you end up at:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Programs\HDSDR

this has a shortcut to HDSDR and to all intents and purposes looked to me like its where the DLLs should live. But it isn't.

Hopefully this will help someone else from falling into the same trap.

Now I have to debug the RX, probably a fault in the transformers...

73s Steve G0XAR
G0XAR

Postby Wa7gil » Sat May 04, 2013 3:13 am

I'm having the same issue, both with Windows 7 and XP. I put the .dll file in the installation folder and the system can't find it. I followed the recommendation to put it in the Program Files(x86) location on the Win 7 machine but couldnt find any such directory. I can see signals, but can't tune without the .dll and no audio from the speaker jack, except when the computer sends Windows tones that way.

If I knew the right questions to ask I would. The kit assembly went very well, but I'm dead in the water at the moment with software issues. Does anyone have a true step by step process out there to get one of these working? I need a procedure that assumes (correctly) that I don't have hardly any computer knowledge.

Thanks ... 73 .... Ron
Wa7gil

Postby AE9RB » Sat May 04, 2013 4:31 am

Ron, try the Peaberry V2 manual.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Return to Peaberry SDR V1