96000 Hz BETA

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V1.

96000 Hz BETA

Postby AE9RB » Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:37 pm

Attached to this post is a new firmware that enables 96kHz of spectrum for the Radio interface. No defects were reported in the last release so there are no other changes.

I will begin shipping this firmware on Tuesday, January 8, 2013, assuming there are no regressions. All orders will be delayed until then. If you don't want to wait, please indicate so in the order notes and I will ship you the old firmware without delay.

I had to use resources from the MIC and SPKR in order to make this possible. To enable 96k mode, install a jumper at the RX_REV location (this label will change on the next run of the boards). The Peaberry Audio device will no longer show up on the computer and the Peaberry Radio device will be running at 96kHz. Since nearly all computers already have speaker and mic jacks, this should not be a significant sacrifice. If you are using something like a Beagleboard or Raspberry Pi, you can still have access to Peaberry Audio by not installing the jumper and using the radio in 48kHz mode.

If you have a Cypress MiniProg3 or other programmer, please test this out and let me know here what you think.

EDIT: firmware is now released and can be downloaded from: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=38
73 David AE9RB
Site Admin

Return to Peaberry SDR V1