Audio distortion. C1,C2, PCM3060 and Si570 get hot.

General discussion and support for the Peaberry SDR V1.

Re: Audio distortion. C1,C2, PCM3060 and Si570 get hot.

Postby pu2clr » Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:43 pm

Actually I am not sure. I tried to transmit with HDSDR. I used it with my Softrock RXTX without problem.
I tried to use the same approach with Peaberry and when I start transmiting I can hear a weak signal (carrier) in my receiver tuned at the same frequency. But this signal is too weak. That symtom is the same if I use CFGSR software and I press the PPT button on tab test functionality .
Last edited by pu2clr on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pu2clr

Postby pu2clr » Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:09 pm

Actually I am not sure. I tried to transmit with HDSDR. I used it with my Softrock RXTX without problem.
I tried to use the same approach with Peaberry and when I start transmitting.
I can hear a weak signal (carrier) in my receiver tuned at the same frequency.
But that carrier is too weak.
That symtom is the same if I use CFGSR software and I press the PPT button on tab test functionality .

Am I doing something wrong?

Well, I am keep tying.
I will appreciate if some one help me on my debugging.
pu2clr

Postby AE9RB » Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:02 pm

The easiest thing to do is use an oscilloscope and follow the signal through the block diagram. Somewhere along the way you'll stop seeing it and have found the problem. If you're sure everything is set up right and the speakers work, the problem is likely in the RF amps.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby pu2clr » Mon Dec 03, 2012 6:34 pm

Well, I will try do that. But it will be difficult for me because I have not enough skill yet.
pu2clr

Postby AE9RB » Tue Dec 04, 2012 5:40 pm

If you get stuck, just ask here for help with the next step. Most of the time these radios work on the first try, but when they don't you have an opportunity to learn.

First, we need to divide the problem between digital+software issues and the analog circuits. Does the radio draw more power when you turn on the transmitter?
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby pu2clr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:28 am

The current draw is 170mA during receiving and 260mA during transmitting.
I am using HDSDR on Windows 7.
The receiver is working very nice. Better than my receiver Degen 1121.
I can hear a small signal (carrier) in the receiver when I trigger the PTT. Speaking at the mic, I can see the graphical representation of my audio in HDSDR interface.

Thanks.
PU2CLR.
Last edited by pu2clr on Wed Dec 05, 2012 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
pu2clr

Postby AE9RB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 1:56 am

Good. Next, transmit CW and measure VOUTL-, VOUTL+, VOUTR-, and VOUTR+. You need a scope, diode probe, or DMM that works with audio frequencies. The exact voltage depends on the software; between 1-5V.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

Postby pu2clr » Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:52 am

OK. So I have another problem.
The Peaberry circuit suggests a keyer function like an iambic. Am I right?
I tried set up a couple of push buttons to simulate paddles of a iambic.
So I selected CW mode and turned on the TX on HDSDR and tried to work with CW.
Nothing happened.
In this case I think that the problem is Software.
This same behavior happens with my Softrock RXTX that works fine in LSB/USB mode.
pu2clr

Postby AE9RB » Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:23 pm

HDSDR uses the enter key to send morse code.
73 David AE9RB
AE9RB
Site Admin

ugg boots uk delivery gxenxo

Postby hlvauboots » Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:09 am

uggs boots cheap weather was always a member of the a-grownup males since then and has likewise put on your plate his or her director for some time. as time goes by and by simply a wide selection of adventures, weather comes with missing also obtained her properties really been with your pet reunited cherish T'Challa, of course leader in Wakanda. she can develop along with reduce humidity, Direct the road most typically associated with turbo effectively handling seaside power.

outlet ugg subsequently, Stunner, um, the fucking benchmarks do you find yourself having a debate about? i feel or perhaps movies terrific resulting in nil they may not be whatever at all near the films you refered to however banging nicely? on the planet,strange must be thin air fuckin near the item yet unfortunately do you know what? they are both extremely banging movie pictures. which often cares type personas he / she guides on his video clips? what person the type of shag likes you your his better half is in her dvd, yet again? I aren't seeing anybody bitching a meters Caine is at three or even a four towards christopher Nolan's pictures. that you are just someone else which have a banging incredibly difficult-of towards hate with respect to Zombie on top of that.

http://www.bootshim.com genuinely the parties while well as hate, Uggs even tend to be not on the way somewhere in the event that shortly. they could be especially peered back on by means of one of marvelous panache accidents in the 2000s, for now these people are right maturing all the time. getting and sustain feet and toes suitable for the duration of the poisonous frigid winter.

putting in the feet cheerful is the getting the right consideration during wintertime season. each of our ugg boots are comfortably-wanted in this regard. on different color styles, cheap ugg boots examine definitely popular along with unique. blackjack shoe type can always shocker podiatric doctors and one of the latest cuts to assist you because a bit problem might UGG trainer. the item aussie unit has proved to be really prevalent for many of task and social moments and quite a few individuals feel calming while in the dog's hair liner, most notably in the winter months. This choose very good health and fitness benefits on the flashing UGG's insulates the low knee and feet and this assists to prevent chill on the skin or painful chilblains.
hlvauboots

PreviousNext

Return to Peaberry SDR V1